Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Trip to San Diego

Since we went away on a little vacation this past weekend, we missed church and didn't get to hear Pastor Marcus's sermon on Titus 2 (older women).  We heard great things about the sermon, so I was listening to it online today while I was drinking my daily after-lunch coffee with chocolate.  (After hearing the part on gluttony,  I decided to leave 2 chocolates in the box.)

While uploading photos from our trip as I was listening to the sermon, it occured to me that about half of the pictures were of food, or of us eating our food.

For example, here's what we had for breakfast.

January 2007 005 January 2007 004

We went to the SD zoo, but Audrey was more interested in her raisins than in the animals.

January 2007 008 January 2007 038

Another meal.

January 2007 054

One night, I thought I'd have a salad as a light dinner.  If I had only known that I would get 1 prawn, a sliver of avocado, 4 leaves, and 1 thinly sliced raisin, for only $1 less than Mike's huge carne asada nachos.  It was really weird & disappointing.

January 2007 042

Finally, some non-food pics...

January 2007 079 January 2007 001

I know we Lees love food, but Pastor Marcus' message was so good.  There is a difference between enjoying our food (and everything else He's given us) to the glory of God, and being ruled by it or indulging in it in excess.  Wow...and that was just one point in the sermon.  So much more to reflect on and examine.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...