Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I Still Have My Baby

Now that Marcus is 4, he thinks he's all grown up.  His "Mommy" has turned into "Mom, "Daddy" to "Dad", and even "Thank you" has turned into "Thanks!"  By next year, he'll be smoking cigars while sporting a goatee.





So with his new vocabulary and Audrey's funky looking teeth, I'm painfully aware that the kiddos won't stop growing.

But I still have my baby.





I still can't believe I have another baby.  Lord, thank you!





The big kids are equally as grateful for the little one.





Even Marcus, who idolizes Audrey, has been more into his baby brother.  "Where's Derek?", he randomly asks during the day.  When I tell him he's napping, he tells me to wake him up to play.  We've also witnessed him plant spontaneous kisses on the baby and once found Marcus try to rescue him from being tangled inside a blanket.  Makes my insides melt!!





This one's definitely not a baby anymore.



And my girl SO isn't a baby anymore.  Well, I take that back.  She asked to get in the crib too and I said no because I was scared her 53-pound booty would break the whole thing.  So she pouted and cried and I gave into her moaning and then let her in.  Then I took this picture and got grossed out that she's so old and big now.



I have a feeling that Derek isn't so interested in being the baby.  I'm pretty sure he wants to be a part of the Big Kids Crew.



Even if it means just vegging in front of the TV with Marcus.



If Marcus looks up to Audrey, then Derek's hero will most likely be his big brother.





He'll be giving Derek tutorials on how to tell potty jokes, how to intentionally aggravate their sister, and how to wrestle with Daddy.



Boy, has he got a lot to look forward to.



But no matter how much he learns from the others, I have feeling this one will always be my baby.

4 comments:

jules said...

Derek is so happy and cute! What a blessing, I can't believe you have 3 already!

thekimfam said...

i LOVE Derek! I love how he's so "go with the flow". also the pics of the big kids in the crib made me LOL.

Rachel said...

too cute! I LOVE the pic of Marcus kissing his little bro! :)

christine said...

love it. as always :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...