1. I'm thankful that our family got to meet Era, Wayne, and Will Hall last summer at the Joubert Syndrome Conference. One of the "veteran" families in this Joubert Journey, we all look up to them so much because of their love, joy, hope, and sense of humor. Will passed away this week. He was almost 15 years old. It was a complete shock to our whole JS family, and an incredible loss as well. Please pray for Era and Wayne, as they mourn the loss of their most precious son.
2. In light of Will's passing, I'm thankful for each day I get with my loved ones.
3. I'm thankful that during the past few weeks of fighting a few illnesses, I received so many blessings: Mike's constant care for me and the kids, Audrey's love notes and caresses on my arm, Marcus' cute face, and meals from friends.
4. I'm thankful that despite being rocked this cold/flu season, Marcus' energy level has sky-rocketed this week. He's really exploring places of the house he's never ventured to before and overall, he is just really happy and content. His teachers and therapists have also noticed it and have said that the old Marcus is back.
5. I'm thankful for being reminded to depend on the Lord for each moment. Just as Christ taught us to pray for daily bread, I've been praying for daily grace and daily faith to trust in Him. Sometimes I get so caught up wondering if He'll be there for me tomorrow or months from now, that I forget to just simply ask Him for today's portion of grace and faith. I'm thankful for this reminder and comfort.