Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday

1. I'm thankful that our family got to meet Era, Wayne, and Will Hall last summer at the Joubert Syndrome Conference.  One of the "veteran" families in this Joubert Journey, we all look up to them so much because of their love, joy, hope, and sense of humor.  Will passed away this week.  He was almost 15 years old.  It was a complete shock to our whole JS family, and an incredible loss as well.  Please pray for Era and Wayne, as they mourn the loss of their most precious son.

2. In light of Will's passing, I'm thankful for each day I get with my loved ones.

3. I'm thankful that during the past few weeks of fighting a few illnesses, I received so many blessings:  Mike's constant care for me and the kids, Audrey's love notes and caresses on my arm, Marcus' cute face, and meals from friends.

4. I'm thankful that despite being rocked this cold/flu season, Marcus' energy level has sky-rocketed this week.  He's really exploring places of the house he's never ventured to before and overall, he is just really happy and content.  His teachers and therapists have also noticed it and have said that the old Marcus is back.

5. I'm thankful for being reminded to depend on the Lord for each moment.  Just as Christ taught us to pray for daily bread, I've been praying for daily grace and daily faith to trust in Him.  Sometimes I get so caught up wondering if He'll be there for me tomorrow or months from now, that I forget to just simply ask Him for today's portion of grace and faith.  I'm thankful for this reminder and comfort.

5 comments:

jane said...

i've been thinking about the JS family...will be praying for them, too. thanks for sharing. rejoicing with you, esp. for marcus' renewed energy!

xmlx said...

i have to tell u that on sunday night marcus was in such a great mood.. he even let me hold him while we were sitting on the couch together watching tv.. it was such a delight to spend time with him! i feel like i fall in love all over again for the first time whenever i have the chance to play with him.

bookbloggyblogg said...

Been praying for Will's family. And for you guys all the more, too. Love you and miss you, Sue -- I feel like I haven't seen you in ages!!

Tara said...

I'm so sorry to hear of Will's passing. I will be thinking of and praying for his family and for you.

I often have to learn to rely on Christ one day at a time, and sometimes one hour or even one minute at a time. But no matter what, no matter how I often I need Him, He is there. Thank YOU for the reminder!

Gemini said...

Your strength is helping me face life beautifully, keep on posting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...